07:00AM Departing for Cu Chi tunnels from TheSinhTourist office 246 De Tham St. Around 8:30AM Arriving at Cu Chi tunnels (Ben Dinh) and proceeding to an underground hut to watch a short video and presentation about Cu Chi tunnels before having a real hand-on experience of what it took to live in the tunnels. Afterward, test tasting the steamed tapioca root which is the main staple food in Cu Chi during the war. For those interested, there is an opportunity to fire off an AK47 or MK16 with real ammunitions at the nearby shooting range. Leaving Cu Chi tunnels at 10:00AM and departing for Mekong Delta – My Tho.
12:30PM Arriving in My Tho and boarding the motorboat, heading to Cồn Phụng (Phoenix Island) for lunch (included). After lunch, taking a horse cart to reach a performance site where Vietnamese traditional music (Đàn Ca Tài Tử - A folk art form from Southern Vietnam accredited by UNESCO in 2013 as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity) can be heard and seasonal tropical fruit can be tasted (included).
Afterward, being on a small hand-rowing boat (the main mean of transportation in My Tho & Ben Tre) and slowly cruising through a small creek with beautiful overhanging coconut trees. Lives from both sides of the creek can be observed. Then heading to bee-keeping farm and enjoying honey tea and before going back to Ho Chi Minh City, visiting a coconut candies workshop.
04:00PM Returning back to bus and going back to Ho Chi Minh City. The tour finishes at TheSinhTourist office 246 De Tham St.
- Departure: 07:00AM - End: 06:00PM (ETA)
Lunch menu (6 people per table)
- Deep-fried crispy Tai Tuong fish
- Deep-fried spring rolls
- Sweet sour vegetable soup
- Stir-fried water spinach with garlic
- Caramelized pork and fish in clay pot
- Air conditioned bus/minivan/car
- English speaking guide
- Wet tissue and one bottle of water/person
- Boat trips, tropical fruit platter and honey tea
- Traditional music performance and horse cart.
- All other services not mentioned in the above program
- All meals and beverages unspecified in the above program
- Personal expenses, travel insurance
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Entrance ticket to Cu Chi Tunnels
Note: All fares & itineraries are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to change without prior notice.