NO CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET BETWEEN 26/JAN/17 -
Departure: Every Monday and Thursday. Min of 8 pax.
Day 1: SAIGON – BEN TRE – CAN THO (L + D)
07:30AM Departing from TheSinhTourist office (246 De Tham St.) and arriving in Ben Tre at around 10:00AM. Then boarding a motorboat and cruising through beautiful rivers and canals where coconut trees line perfectly along both sides. Reaching a bee-keeping farm where Vietnamese traditional music (Đàn Ca Tài Tử - A folk art form from Southern Vietnam accredited by UNESCO in 2013 as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity) can be heard and seasonal tropical fruit as well as honey tea can be tasted (included). Then slowly proceeding to a workshop where coconut candies are made and have a chance to learn the coconut candies making process.
Afterward, being on a cart powered by a motorbike and traveling through some tranquil villages where rice fields, vegetables gardens…can be seen and admired.
Before heading to lunch, taking a ride on a hand-rowing boat and slowly cruising through a small creek with beautiful overhanging coconut trees. Lunch is served at a restaurant by the river. After lunch, boarding the motorboat and heading back to Ben Tre.
Around 03:00PM leaving Ben Tre for Can Tho. Checking in the hotel upon arrival and have dinner, afterward there is free time for sightseeing (including FOC bus transfer service to Ninh Kieu wharf and back to the hotel).
Staying overnight in Can Tho.
Day 2: CAN THO – CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – CHAU DOC (B + D)
06:00AM Have an early breakfast at the hotel.
06:30AM ~ 07:00AM Being at a wharf to board a motorboat for sightseeing the Cai Rang Floating Market which is the biggest and most colorful floating market in the Mekong Delta’s region.
In the very early morning, the river has become a busy commercial site where hundreds of boats packed with fruits, vegetables, plants and foods...line along the river and are ready for trading. Sellers will hang samples of what they are selling on the top of a long pole on their boats so that buyers can see from a distance what sellers are selling.
After the Cai Rang market, continuing cruising through small creeks to a local orchard and enjoying tropical seasonal fruits (included).
Around 10:30AM returning back to the hotel and have free time for lunch (at own expense). At noon, checking out the hotel and heading for Chau Doc town by bus and dinner is served at Bay
Bong restaurant which is highly recommended by the Lonely Planet.
Staying overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 3: CHAU DOC – PHNOMPENH (B)
In the morning, have breakfast at the hotel and slowly proceeding to Chau Doc port by pedicab. The tour ends here and from here taking a high speed boat to Phnom Penh and on the way stopping at Vinh Xuong border for custom clearance and visa processing.
Around 12:30PM arriving at International Floating Port (Add: 103 Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia).
- Accommodation is based on a sharing room (double/twin occupancy)
- Meals as indicated (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner).
- A/C bus/minivan/car and boat trips as mentioned in the program.
- English speaking guide.
- High speed boat will also include small snacks – cake and banana, water and a wet towel.
- All other services not mentioned in the above program.
- All meals and beverages unspecified in the above program.
- Personal expenses, tips for tour guide.
- Cambodia visa fee
- Passport photos (for visa application)
- Lightweight and quick dry clothing.
- Sandals for walking, sun-hat, sun-glasses.
- Minimum 08 pax.
- A surcharge for a room with single occupancy.
- Valid passport and travel documents required.
Homestay option (in Can Tho):
Meals: dinner and breakfast
- Dinner’s menu: fried spring rolls, braised fish in fish sauce, sweet and sour soup, fried vegetables and fruits. Local rice wine is also served and an extra dish (Mekong’s BBQ, one choice): rice paddy field mouse BBQ, frog BBQ, pork ribs BBQ or quail BBQ
- Breakfast’s menu: Breads with eggs sunny side up, jams, fruits and tea/coffee
Transfer: by motorbike from Big C Can Tho to the designated homestay (1st day) and from the designated homestay to the Le Binh market to join the group for the sightseeing of the Cai Rang market (2nd day)
Activities at the homestay: vegetable planting, Vietnamese cooking class
Bedding: one bed per person (mattress, pillow, blanket and mosquito nets)
All fares & itineraries are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to change without prior notice.